It is a Nickel-Iron, low expansion alloy containing 36% Nickel with balance of Iron. It maintains nearly constant dimensions over the range of normal atmospheric temperatures and has a low coefficient of expansion from cryogenic temperatures to about +500°C. Nilo 36 also retains good strength and toughness at cryogenic temperatures. Applications include standards of length, thermostat rods, laser components and tanks and piping for the storage and transportation of liquefied gasses.
|Density(g/cm3)||Meltingtemperature(℃)||Specific heat capacity/J/(kg•℃)(20~100℃)||Electricalresistivity(μΩ·m)||Thermalconductivity/W/(m•℃)||Curie point(℃)|
|Alloy designation||Average thermal expansion coefficient/(10-6/ ℃)|
Round bars/Flat bars/Hex bars, Size From 8.0mm-320mm, Used for bolts,fastners and other spare parts
Supply in welding wire and spring wire in coil form and cut length.
Widths up to 1500mm and lengths up to 6000mm,Thickness from 0.1mm to 100mm.
Soft condition and hard condition with AB bright surface, width up to 1000mm
Can be produced according to clients drawing or smaples with precision tolerance.
1) Very low thermal expansion coefficient between - 250 ℃ ~ + 200 ℃.
2) Very good plasticity and toughness
Invar 36 Application field：
● Liquefied petroleum gas production, storage and transportation
● Screw connector bushing between metal and other materials
● Double metal and temperature control of double metal
● Film type framework
● Shadow mask
● Aviation industry CRP parts drawing die
● Framework of satellite and missile electronic control unit below 200 ℃
● The laser control electromagnetic lens in the auxiliary vacuum tube